Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cell Phone or “Droid”?



I’m a little embarrassed to admit that up until relatively recently I was extremely low tech when it came to my phone. I’m a computer geek and a purist. My phone was my phone and my computer was my computer and never the two shall meet. I resisted for a long time. I dipped my toe in the pool ever so gingerly when I went to a phone with a full QWERTY keypad. But that was as far as I was willing to go. That is until my best friend got a droid…When I saw all the cool stuff she could do with her phone my inner geek got the better of me. I mean come on! It’s like carrying a mini-computer around with you. I can text, surf the web, take awesome pictures, send email, view documents, read a book, track a flight, play music, watch a movie, find my way, print to my wireless printer, process payments from clients, not to mention about a gazillion other things…oh yeah…and make phone calls. I LOVE my HTC EVO! I have to say it’s a big boy at 4.8” by 2.6” by .05” with a 4.3” LCD screen and weighing in at 6 oz. But given all I can do with it, I don’t mind a little extra heft. It comes standard with 8 GB of storage for all the awesome pictures you will take plus a standard 3.5 mm headset jack. So for all of you hold outs, do yourself a favor. Run, don’t walk to your nearest provider store and get yourself a droid! J

No comments:

Post a Comment