Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My “Mac” Experience…Part 2

Yesterday we left off with me arriving at BestBuy. Right of the bat I noticed that the box was tiny! I mean I thought I was picking up a router or maybe a netbook but certainly not a 13” laptop. I couldn’t wait to get it home and out of its protective yet miniscule packaging. I admit I was so full of anticipation I had to peek while stopped at a light. The drive home seemed to take forever! Finally I arrived and into the house I rushed clutching what promised to be the most wonderful piece of technology I own. I held my breath as I opened the box…Oh!…she is beautiful; all gleaming aluminum with that cute little apple on top. The first thing I noticed is that she feels solid and sturdy. That’s good news for people who are hard on their laptops. I plugged her in and pressed the power button. Another cute apple on the screen to greet me followed by a very catchy musical interlude while welcome flashed on the screen in every conceivable language. I went through the standard type set up of languages, time, personal information etc. and finally I arrive at the home screen. Ok, I have to say, I’m diggin’ it so far. The second thing I noticed is that it’s backwards…let me elaborate. Those of us who use a PC are familiar with closing, minimizing or maximizing a window from the upper right hand corner. On a Mac, this is all done from the upper left hand corner and all the icons are across the bottom of the screen. Can you say different?? And this is where I will end Part 2. Tune in tomorrow for Part 3 of my Mac experience J

No comments:

Post a Comment